These are tasty but are a little bit time consuming to make when you consider that supermarkets now stock gluten free fish fingers. They are nice as a “posh fish finger” for a change though.
- 150g polenta
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400g salmon fillet
- 1 egg
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 500g potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Half a tsp paprika
Method for Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Cut the washed potatoes into thick wedges and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- Add the olive oil to a roasting tin and put in the oven to warm the oil.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil before sprinkling with paprika and salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
Method for Salmon Fingers
- Mix the polenta and paprika together on a plate.
- Lightly beat the egg in a bowl.
- Skin and cut the salmon into chunky fingers.
- Dip each salmon finger into the beaten egg before rolling in the polenta mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Place the salmon fingers into the pan and cook for 6 minutes, turning half way through cooking time.