This curry is packed with flavour and quick and easy to make. You’ve got yourself a delicious fresh curry in around 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts (or substitute with quorn for a tasty vegan curry)
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion
- 2 green chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 300ml coconut milk
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and add to the pan. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan and set aside.
- Into the pan add the cumin seeds and cook until browned and sizzling.
- Grate the onion and add to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the chillies, garlic, turmeric, ginger, ground coriander and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the coconut milk and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice.