This is a recipe passed to me by my sister and is a favourite of ours! My daughter even has a song for the ingredients list. It’s really easy to make but tastes delicious. I leave the pancetta out of mine so it’s vegetarian and I leave the feta out of Ste’s so it’s dairy free. All naturally gluten free so happy days!
- 1cup of rice (wild rice or basmati works best but can be done with any)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 butternut squash
- Half a block of feta -optional
- 1 packet of pancetta (can be diced or slices) -optional
- handful of pine nuts
- Fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
- Cut the butternut squash into bitesize cubes and place a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 mins turning regularly.
- Whilst the squash is in the oven cut the broccoli into bitesize florets, place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil.
- When the squash has been in the oven for 15 minutes add the fresh rosemary. Put the broccoli in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put 1 cup of rice into a pan with two cups of water and heat to boiling then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Once the squash and broccoli have been in the oven for ten minutes turn and add the pine nuts to the broccoli. Put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Fry the pancetta until the fat turns golden brown and crispy.
- Once the rice has absorbed all of the water place it in a bowl. Add the cooked vegetables, feta and pancetta and serve.