We LOVE Greek food in our house, the Greek restaurant is one of our favourites and I quite often cook Greek cuisine. These Keftedes are a hit!
Makes 24 Keftedes
- 400g lean beef mince
- 400g lean Lamb mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 slices of gluten free bread broken into crumbs
- handful of finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the mince, onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme and oregano.
- Put the mustard seeds into a pan on a low heat until a few pop. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind into a powder.
- Mix the ground mustard seeds with the red wine vinegar and add to the meat.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and knead the well for a few minutes.
- Cover the mixture with cling film and place in the oven for 1-2 hours.
- Moisten your hands with cold water and shape the meat mixture into meatballs. Place on a baking tray brushed with olive oil.
- Cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the meatballs have browned.