Whilst in lockdown the smallest Braithwaite and myself have been busy getting our bake on. These cinnamon biscuits have gone down a storm! Really easy to make and very delicious. She particularly enjoys dusting them in cinnamon sugar at the end!
- 175 g Dairy Free spread (I use vitalite)
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 225 g Plain White Gluten Free Flour
- 1.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Quarter teaspoon xanthan gum
Cinnamon Sugar for coating and topping
- 30 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Makes around 16 biscuits
- Cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Combine the flour and the cinnamon. Mix thoroughly into the creamed butter and sugar until you’ve got a solid mass of biscuit dough.
- For the Cinnamon Sugar: Mix the sugar and cinnamon together then leave in a dish to one side.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Divide the dough into approximately 16 equally sized balls rolling each ball between the palms of your hands until it’s spherical, then toss to coat in cinnamon sugar.
- Keep the left over cinnamon sugar to dust the baked biscuits.
- Place the sugared balls of dough on the baking tray and press down with your fingers to flatten out.
- Bake the biscuits for 20 – 25 minutes, until they’re turning golden and have cooked through.
- Remove from the oven dust with any remaining cinnamon sugar before cooling on a wire rack.