We enjoy couscous as a side dish alternative to rice, pasta and potatoes. It’s so quick and easy to make so I was pleased to find corn couscous in the free from aisle at the supermarket. it has the same texture as “normal” couscous but I find it a little drier so add a little olive oil and lemon juice. This recipe is a lovely summery spicy side dish which I often serve with chicken.
- Half cup of corn couscous
- 1 red chilli
- 1 spring onion
- Fresh coriander
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Put the couscous into a cup and just cover with boiling water from the kettle. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the chilli, spring onion and coriander.
- transfer the couscous to a bowl and fluff up with a fork.
- Add the chopped chilli, onion and coriander and toss to mix.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Toss again to mix.