I remember the first time I made Scouse for my hubby. I was so nervous that I could never do the “National dish of Liverpool” justice and would never live up to his Mum’s standard! I’m happy to report that my Scouse is a roaring success in our house and is regularly requested by all of the family! Really easy to make and a great slow cooker recipe for working days. It also freezes and reheats well.
- 400g Diced beef
- 2 beef stock cubes (I use knorr)
- 1 onion
- 500g Carrots
- half a Swede
- 1 kg Potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Fry the beef in a little oil to brown before putting in the slow cooker.
- Finely chop the onion, peel and cut the potatoes into large chunks, dice the carrots and Swede.
- Add all of the vegetables to the slow cooker and sprinkle with the stock cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add enough water to the slow cooker to just cover the mixture.
- Heat on auto for 7 hours.