Super quick and easy soup recipe to make a yummy Chinese style chicken and sweetcorn soup (my eldest assures me it takes like the soup you get in a Chinese restaurant).
- 500ml water
- 4 teaspoons cornflower
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 2 chicken stock cubes (I use knorr)
- Half cup sweetcorn
- Ground pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Put water into a saucepan and heat to simmering.
- Sprinkle in the stock cubes, chicken and sweetcorn and stir well.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes stirring regularly.
- Mix cornflower with a bit of water until smooth before stirring it into the soup.
- Continue to simmer for 1-2 minutes as the soup thickens.
- Season with pepper, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.