Tender melt in the mouth slow cooked pulled pork is another dish you can prep the night before and then cook all day whilst at work.
- 2kg pork shoulder with the skin removed
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 160ml cloudy apple juice
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 50g onion chutney
- Slice the onion and lay at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix together the salt, ground black pepper, paprika and cinnamon in a small bowl. Rub over the pork.
- Put the flour onto a plate and roll the spiced pork in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and put the pork into it to sear it on all sides.
- Once the meat is starting to turn a golden colour put it on top of the onion slices in the slow cooker.
- In a jug combine the black treacle, honey, crushed garlic, apple cider vinegar, cloudy apple juice and onion chutney then pour over the meat.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on the low setting for 8 hours.
- Take the meat out of the slow cooker and put on a roasting tray or bowl leaving the cooking liquor behind.
- Pull the meat into bite-size chunks and shred with 2 forks.
- Ladle a little of the cooking juices over the pork and mix together.