Super quick and easy to make and easily adapted for all tastes and eating needs/preferences. I make this without the meat for me but with feta cheese. My daughters have it with the meat and feta. Hubby has it without the feta for his dairy free option.
- 1 mug rice
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 chicken breast
- 80g diced chorizo
- Half a red onion
- 1 tomato
- Half a cucumber
- diced feta (optional)
- 20g quinoa
- 20g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Put the mug of rice and quinoa into a saucepan with two mugs of water. Cover and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to simmer.
- Chop the chicken breast into bite sized pieces and fry in a little oil, stirring until cooked on all sides.
- Chop the streaky bacon into bite sized strips and add to the chicken. Continue to fry until the bacon begins to brown.
- Add the diced chorizo to the pan and continue to fry until all ingredients are cooked through.
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, cucumber and feta.
- Toast the pine nuts in a hot saucepan for a couple of minutes.
- Once all of the water has been absorbed by the rice and quinoa remove from the heat.
- Stir in the meat mixture and chopped onion, tomato and cucumber.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and feta cheese.