We are huge tapas fans! Bursting with flavour, patatas bravas are a favourite in our family. Quick and easy to make they are a definite winning dish.
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 1 pinch sugar
- fresh parsley to garnish
- 1kg potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the potatoes (I like to leave the skin on put you can peel them if you prefer).
- Pat the potatoes dry with kitchen roll before tipping into a roasting tin and tossing in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast at 200 degrees for 40-50 mins until crisp and golden.
- While the potatoes are cooking make the sauce by heating oil in a pan and frying the onion for 5 mins until softened.
- Add the garlic, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, paprika, chilli powder, sugar and a pinch of salt, stir well.
- Bring to the boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Tip the potatoes into serving dishes and spoon over the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.