Yummy chicken kebabs are perfect for a sunny day. Today is the hottest day of the year so far and we have decided that these are for tea! I love making the marinade the night before and leaving the chicken in it overnight so that the next day the flavoursome chicken is ready to simply skewer and grill or barbecue. Yummy served with pita bread and salad.
- 4 chicken breasts (diced)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Put all of the marinade ingredients into a large bowl and stir well.
- Add the diced chicken breast and stir to ensure all of the meat is coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and chill for a few hours or overnight.
- Place the chicken pieces onto skewers and put into a roasting tray lined with foil.
- Put the chicken under a hot grill and cook for 15-20 mins, brush with oil and any juices from the bottom of the tin regularly, and turn halfway through cooking.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and rest for 5 mins.