Flavoursome Mexican rice is great with a chilli, tacos or burritos. Easy to make and super tasty.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 250g rice
- 500ml vegetable stock
- spring onions
- Finely chop the onion, peppers and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a lid, then add the onion, pepper, garlic and cumin.
- Fry gently for 8-10 mins until the vegetables are soft and golden.
- Stir in the tomato purée and smoked paprika and cook for 1 min before stirring in the rice.
- Pour over the hot vegetable stock, cover and bring to the boil.
- Stir, then cover again and place on a low heat possible.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave, covered, for a further 10 mins.
- Stir in the chopped coriander and sliced spring onions.