The marinade on these vegetables makes them super tasty. They can be prepped the night before so make this a yummy and convenient side dish. Our whole family love them!
- 1 garlic head
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pint olive oil
- 1 kg of assorted vegetables (I use asparagus, courgettes, sweet potatoes, red onions, corn on the cob, carrots and peppers)
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, salt, pepper and grind using a pestle and mortar before blending in the oil.
- Prepare the vegetables by peeling those that need peeling and chopping into bite size chunks.
- Mix the vegetables and marinade together and marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Transfer the marinated vegetables into a roasting tin and roast in the oven at 200 degrees for approx. 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.