We’ve found it virtually impossible to find a nice dairy and wheat free pasta salad that is ready made – shops just don’t seem to make or sell them. This recipe makes a delicious pasta salad which can be made and kept in the fridge for a couple of days. Perfect for a sunny day!
- 500g wheat free pasta (I use Sainsbury’s free from fusilli)
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Fresh basil (approx 10-15 leaves)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dice the tomatoes, and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the tomatoes, garlic and tomato purée.
- Fry whilst stirring for 5 minutes to soften the tomatoes.
- Remove from the heat and add the salt, pepper and chopped basil.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, and rinse under cold water before draining.
- Mix pasta with tomato mixture until well-combined and then refrigerate.