This is a tasty chocolate cake which isn’t too rich. Tastes delicious and is light and fluffy.
- 225g dairy free spread (I use vitalite)
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 175g free from self Raising Flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g dairy free spread (I use vitalite
- 175g icing sugar
- 45g cocoa powder
- 60ml dairy free single cream (I use asda free from)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line two 8” sandwich tins.
- Cream together the butter and sugar before gradually beating in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Divide the mixture between the two tins and bake for 25 mins until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, place the spread and cream into a bowl. Sieve and stir in the icing sugar and cocoa.
- Use the icing mix to sandwich the two sponges together and the remainder can be spread over the top of the cake. Decorate with vermicelli.