At this time of year most of us will end up with a pumpkin carved by our kids! I love making this yummy pumpkin soup using the flesh scraped out of the pumpkin.
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Flesh from 1 medium pumpkin
- 2 large potatoes
- Water (approx 1.5 pints)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- salt and pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- Dice the onion, carrots, pumpkin and potatoes and put into the slow cooker.
- Finely chop the garlic and add to the mixture.
- Add the bay leaf, stock cube, salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough water to cover the mixture and stir well.
- Cook on “auto” for approx. 5 hours.
- Pick out the bay leaf and blend the soup until smooth.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.