This is a quick, easy and tasty meal which we all love. The textures and flavours are amazing!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Half teaspoon ginger
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 400g tin green lentils
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400 ml water
- Large bunch of fresh spinach
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the cumin, chilli flakes and chopped onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the finely chopped garlic, ginger, dried coriander, turmeric and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, stock cube and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh spinach and serve.