This was an instant hit in our house! Packed with flavour and easy to make it’s a winner. Once cooked you can leave it to cool to room temperature before sealing in a plastic container and storing it in the fridge overnight. Yummy and convenient!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 200g chorizo
- 6 eggs
- 50ml milk (I used koko milk)
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g potatoes
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the potatoes and boil until cooked through.
- Finely chop the onion and red pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and red pepper. Fry for 2 minutes, until just softened.
- Add the chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes until it has released its oil and is crisp around the edges.
- Crack the eggs into a large jug and whisk with the milk, a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and cooked potatoes to the chorizo mixture and fry for another 2 minutes whilst gently stirring.
- Add the peas and cook for another minute, until the mixture is hot.
- Pour in the egg, stir briefly, turn down to a medium heat and scatter the parsley over the top .
- Fry without stirring, for 3-4 minutes until the edges begin to set.
- Place the pan in the oven at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is firm across the top.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a plate and serve.