My little girl had to take cakes in to school to sell for charity week. She said she has a few friends who are dairy free or vegan and wanted to make cakes they could buy as they were getting left out! We made a batch of these vegan and gluten free cupcakes to take in and they were a huge hit!
- 300ml dairy free milk (we used Koko milk)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 325g gluten free self raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 150g dairy free margarine (we used vitalite)
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the milk and lemon juice together and leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder and margarine.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into cake cases and bake for approx 20 mins until golden on the top, we added a little sprinkle of caster sugar on the top and then popped them back in the oven for a couple of minutes to give a little crunchy, sweet top.