This is a tasty Chinese dish which is quick to cook so perfect after a busy day.
- 2 Chicken breasts or 3 boneless skinless thighs cut into strips 2cm wide
- 3 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- One red chilli
- 1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 60g cornflower
- 250ml Vegetable oil
- Combine the cornflower, salt, pepper and 5 spice in a bowl.
- Toss the chicken in the flour mix to coat well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or deep pan.
- Add the coated chicken to the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once cooked remove the chicken from the oil and place on kitchen roll.
- Finely chop the chilli, spring onion and garlic.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped vegetables and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Spoon the cooked vegetables over the top of the cooked chicken and serve.